Wednesday 3 September 2008

Phonecall to Dave Macdonald, Dad.

BRING BRING

Lilith's mobile phone rang underneath the desk.

Hello?
Lilith, it's me.
Hi Dad.
How're you getting on?
Fine, just fine. I've got a job.
Not in a bar?
No, a coffee shop.
Oh, good.
I don't have anywhere to live yet, though, cousin is still letting me stay in the hotel.
You should look for somewhere.
Will you come over and help me?
I can't, I'm taking Pippa to Tenerife.
Oh, I thought you went a way in January...
It's just a short trip, only ten days, um, but when I get back I'd love to help you.
What about Tim?
He's staying with your Mum [pause] it's not that we didn't want to take you or Tim, darling, we just can't afford four people. It's just not do-able, don;t get upset.
Yeah, whatever, I have to go, I'm at work just now.
Oh right, well I'm glad you're getting on well. Don't let me keep you.
[muttered]Don't let me keep you.
Look after yourself.
I am, have a nice time in Tenerife. Send me a postcard.
I will.
You don't have my address...
I'll get it off your mum.
Bye Dad.
Love you sweetheart. See you when I get back.

DIALING TONE.

No comments: